Rules of the money game
"What the financial institutions don't want you to know!"
Ever wonder why the banks keep announcing record profits, yet they pay you so little on your passbook savings or certificates of deposit? Ever wonder why the biggest buildings in some major cities are often owned by insurance companies? One of the reasons for their wealth and your poverty is that they know the "rules of the money game". They know how to take your hard earned dollars, invest them in the economy or loan them back to you, and earn huge profits. Wouldn't you like to know what they know so that you could keep a little more of their profit in your pocket? Below are just a few examples of what you need to know.
- Money math you need to know (article from msn.com)
- Learn why interest rates are so important to your financial success. The Rule of 72 will help you understand how money grows and how earning (or saving) just a few percentage points can make all the difference.
- Learn the real cost of borrowing, the cost of credit.
- Take a quiz to see if you understand how money works and how lending institutions and insurance companies have been making huge profits using your money. This is the great refrigerator deal.
- Understand why waiting to save or invest can cost you tens of thousands of dollars
- If you could save just $1 a day, would this really make any difference?
- Now a real lesson in interest. When you take out that 30-year mortgage for $150,000, how much are you really paying for that new house?